The Conference held on January in Hyderabad provided a unique opportunity to resurface the discussion and debate on Commons and bring experience and evidence from across the world to show that Commons are not a relic of the past, but play a strategic role in maintaining ecological health, reducing poverty, and improving collective action. By placing the Conference agenda in the ongoing discussions around conservation, local governance, social exclusion and human rights, agrarian distress and rural livelihoods, and by pitching it at the interface of policy, research and practice, the aim is to bring practitioners, scholars and decision makers to a common meeting ground so as to enrich the collective understanding on common property resources and identify areas and measures to inform policy and programmatic action as well as guide future research.
- Dates - January 10 - 14, 2011
- Location & Conference Site - Hyderabad, India
- Sponsor - Foundation for Ecological Security
- Chair: Nitin Desai
- Co-Chair: Jagdeesh Puppala
- Theme - Sustaining commons: sustaining our future
- Papers Archives - Conference papers available at the Digital Library of the Commons
- Conference Website - http://iasc2011.fes.org.in
For further informations about the Conference, you can visit the Commons Cause website.
For more photos of the conference, please click on the slideshows below ( you will be redirected to IASC photo album ):