LANDac is pleased to announce that we are now accepting abstract submissions for our Annual International Conference 2018! Abstract submissions will be accepted until 1 April 2018
LANDac’s Annual International Conference 2018 will look at land investments through the lens of mobility. What are the implications of land based investments on the movements of people? And how have displacement and population movements contributed to new and contesting land claims?
Key notes include:
- Prof. dr. Tania Li (University of Toronto; Canada Research Chair in the Political-Economy and Culture of Asia; Centre for Southeast Asian Studies)
- Prof. dr. Bernhard Truffer (Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development; Utrecht University)
- Prof. ir. Klaas van Egmond (Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development; Utrecht University)
- Ms. Sheela Patel (Society for the Promotion of Area Resource Centres (SPARC), India; Slum Dwellers International (SDI))
- Mr. Michael Uwemedimo (Collaborative Media Advocacy Platform (CMAP), Port Harcourt, Nigeria)
For more info on the conference themes, abstract guidelines, and how to submit your abstract, please visit the conference website
Please note: This conference will be followed up by a Utrecht University Summer School 'Land Governance for Development' from July 2-13, 2018.