The International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC) is devoted to bringing together multi-disciplinary researchers, practitioners and policymakers for the purpose of improving governance and management, advancing understanding, and creating sustainable solutions for commons, common-pool resources, or any other form of shared resource.
IASC aims to:
- encourage exchange of knowledge among diverse disciplines, areas, and resource types
- foster mutual exchange of scholarship and practical experience
- promote appropriate institutional design
The IASC aims to achieve these goals by deploying a range of activities, such as:
- organizing and endorsing biennial as well as thematic or regional conferences
- organizing and endorsing local workshops and activities
- publishing the International Journal of the Commons and the Commons Digest
- creating and fostering networking opportunities
- creating databases on commons research
The IASC deploys its activities on a non-profit basis and qualifies as an 501(c)(3) non-profit organization according to US Law.